This article describes the upgrade process for AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer Pro.
All upgrades should be performed as a complete uninstall/reinstall of the application.
Your AllyCare support maintenance contract must be current in order to download the latest build of software and the license. The software upgrade installation will require downloading a new license file, and we recommend backing up any saved trace files prior to performing an upgrade.
AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer PRO Uninstall/Reinstall:
- Back up existing (.amc) AM WiFi trace files as well as any other modified files, for example, AP List.
- Make note of your current license number, serial key, and whether the license is tied to the MAC address of the PC or the MAC address of a supported WiFi Adapter.
- In Control Panel, Programs and Features, remove AirMagnet Laptop (Do not retain any license files).
- Delete these directories after backing them up: C:\AirMagnet Inc AND C:\Program Files\AirMagnet Inc\AirMagnet Laptop.
- Reboot the PC.
- Log into your My AirMagnet Account and download the installation file (save locally)
- Make sure you have loaded the driver for your supported WiFi adapter from the Documents/Drivers section of the My AirMagnet login section. Run the installation file, extracting to a local directory.
- Run the software installation, accept the license agreement and complete the installation; click Finish, then try launching the program.
- Register the license to the MAC address of the PC or supported WiFI adapter (see above) and have it download the license from the website or login and download it manually and save to the C:\Program Files\AirMagnet Inc\AirMagnet Laptop directory.
- Launch the software.
Upgrade/Reinstall Instructions for patch builds of AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer Pro:
- Download the new build from the Registered Products section of the AirMagnet website under your My AirMagnet login and save it to a local directory.
- Run the executable and extract to a local directory.
- Select AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer Pro Installation.
- Choose Repair/Update, and click Next.
- The Installer presents the License Agreement, click Next to accept.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Click Finish.
- Exit out of the Installer.
- Use the WiFi Update tool to download the license (either step 9 or step 10).
- Start > All Programs > AirMagnet, WiFi Analyzer, Update Tool and download the license file and select the option to tie the license to the MAC address of the PC or to a supported WiFi Adapter.
- Download the license manually from the License column in your My AirMagnet login under Registered Products for AM WiFi Analyzer and save the file to the C:\Program Files\AirMagnet Inc\AirMagnet Laptop directory.
- Launch the software to test the upgrade.
If the upgrade is not successful, then try a clean uninstall/reinstall.
New Installation? This is the order in which the software should be registered and installed:
- Register the serial number and download the software from the AirMagnet website (airmagnet.netally.com). Please note that a login is required.
- Download and install the supported WiFi adapter driver from the Documents/Drivers section of the AirMagnet website.
- Install the WiFi Analyzer software and tie the license to the MAC address of either a supported WiFi adapter or the MAC address of the PC (your choice).
- Download and install the license file automatically from the AirMagnet website or manually, saving it to the directory C:\Program Files\AirMagnet Inc\AirMagnet Laptop.
Does your license begin with A1159-xxxxxxxx?
If so, this is a limited license issued for the OptiView XG specifically. This limited license type will not install on a laptop with another type of WiFi adapter. You will need to buy a standalone license for AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer Pro through an authorized Sales channel in order to install the software on a laptop along with a supported WiFi adapter. To obtain technical support for the OptiView XG, please contact NETSCOUT technical support (www.netscout.com).